The following countries are signatories of the Declaration of the Ministerial Conference of the Khartoum Process, also known as the Rome Declaration:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Kenya, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Somalia, South Sudan, Spain, Sudan, Sweden, Tunisia and United Kingdom.
Since this Declaration, Libya was also invited as a Member of the Khartoum Process upon the establishment of a Government of National Accord, and Norway, Switzerland and Uganda have also become Members of the Process.
Steering Committee: The Khartoum Process is led by a Steering Committee comprised of:
- five EU Member States (Italy, France, Germany, UK, Netherlands)
- five African partner countries (Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, South Sudan, Sudan)
- the European Commission, the European External Action Service (EEAS) and the African Union Commission.
Chair: The current Chair of the Khartoum Process is Italy. The first chairmanship at the establishment of the Process was Egypt, followed by Ethiopia in 2017.
Secretariat: The Secretariat provides day to day administrative assistance to the Khartoum Process, including the preparations of the meetings of the Steering Committee and of Senior Officials Meetings. The Secretariat acts on instructions from the Steering Committee and is jointly managed by the African Union Commission and the European Commission, with technical and logistical assistance provided by ICMPD through the Support Project of the Africa-EU Migration and Mobility Dialogue (MMD).
ICMPD supports the Khartoum Process Secretariat by:
- providing logistical and technical assistance in support of the implementation of activities
- providing background research, data collection and analysis for the preparation of tasks and activities
- providing coordination to ensure coherence within and across the MMD components, especially through the MMD Dialogues (Continental dialogue, Khartoum Process and Rabat Process).